Pages

Wednesday, August 1, 2012

28. Who Said Happy Hour is Just For Drinks?

 Tortelloni
 Half Tutto Carne Half Bolzano
 Half Wild Mushrom Half Spicy Lamb Meatballs


 Gelato Affogato
Banana Zuppa Inglese

Ahhhh, I can never get enough of Chef John Besh's Domenica for their Happy Hour.  Where else can you go in the city for half off gourmet pizzas?!  If you can name another place, please let me know.  For only $6.50 you can get a pizza that's more than enough for two people.  My friends and I are always amazed at how cheap our bill is for such a satisfying meal.  Incredible I tell ya!  And of course, if you're looking for variety, don't hesitate to make your pizzas half and half.  Like they say, "Variety is the spice of life."  My favorites are the Wild Mushroom (there's an egg in the middle!), Spicy Lamb Meatballs (not at all that spicy if you're wondering), Gorgonzola (for the sweet and savory lovers), Tutto Carne and Bolzano (for the meat fanatics).  PLEASE, do not forget to indulge in  their Banana Zuppa Inglese dessert; it's so decadent and ambrosial.  I'm compelled to order it every time.  Everyone who has tried it loves it.  And if you're a coffee head, trying the Gelato Affogato is imperative!  

Click here for my Yelp review.

No comments:

Post a Comment